In episode 49 of the Triple Your Clients podcast I discuss how Google are now intent on offering more mobile friendly search results. It was only a matter of time and from the 21st April 2015 mobile friendliness will become an important ranking signal. It will affect all languages and Google states it will have a significant impact on the search results. I recommend using Google’s Mobile Friendly Test to check whether your website is mobile friendly. If your website is difficult to read and navigate on a mobile device you will now be penalised by Google. It’s encouraging to see how some of my clients are now benefiting from moving to a WordPress responsive theme last year.
I also introduce the new call only campaign type on Adwords. This now gives all mobile centric businesses the opportunity to create phone call conversion only campaigns. In the past you could create this functionality using call extensions, but it’s now much easier. According to Google 70% of people searching on mobile devices call a business directly from the search results. Hence the purpose of a call only campaign is to drive traffic to a phone number rather a mobile landing page. It essentially eliminates the need for a website. The url does display as part of the ad, but a click on it generates a call and not a visit to your website.
Furthermore I showcase 3 effective proven tips tor improving your Google Adwords ad conversions. I let them out of the bag at 20 minutes and 16 seconds into the show!
Finally I recommend Mike McGrail from Velocity Digital’s weekly roundup on YouTube. It’s a great fun summary of all things digital marketing and beyond. Each week Mike covers some of the industry’s headlines and other segments like “Ask Mike”.
In This Episode, You’ll Hear More About:
- Why The 21st April 2015 Is Critical To Your Google Ranking
- How To Easily Check Whether Your Website is Mobile Friendly
- Why I’m Inspired By Ernest Hemingway’s Writing Room
- Where To Catch Up With Weekly Digital News In A Bite Sized Chunk
- 3 Proven Tips To Supercharge Your Google Adwords Ads
Links And Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Video Of Ernest Hemingway’s Writing Room
- Listen From 20 Mins 38 Secs About Motivating Your Employees To Write Content
- Mike McGrail’s Velocity Digital Ltd YouTube Channel
- Mobile-Friendly Test
- Google’s Announcement On Mobile-Friendliness As A Ranking Signal
- SearchEngineWatch.com : Google Search Algorithm To Include Mobile-Friendly Factors
- Google Introduces Call-Only Campaigns – Here’s Why You Need Them
- Google AdWords Reveals Mobile Call-Only Campaigns
Thanks For Listening
Furthermore, please leave me a review for The Triple Your Clients Podcast on iTunes! I appreciate every review because they play a major in improving the ranking of the show. Each review gets read out on the show, it’s my little way of saying thank you.