In episode 46 of the Triple Your Clients podcast I discuss how I’m able to use a Rode SmartLav + mic, the Auphonic app and my iphone to record this podcast. It allows me to be flexible in terms of where I record the podcast and makes for fast editing and production. I simply rely on Auphonic to automatically add the intro and outro, adjust and mix the sounds levels and upload to SoundCloud.com . It’s an affordable setup I recommend to any business wishing to record their first podcast on a limited budget.
Furthermore I review Gary Vaynerchuk’s review of the new feature added Twitter that allows you to send videos as replies. This is quite literally a game changer and will allow you to further engage with your prospects and clients on social media. I personally can’t wait for Twitter videos! I also discuss the importance of gaining authority inbound links to your website using a number of different strategies.
Finally I chat about the massive opportunity every business owner has in the form of YouTube Advertising. Currently this space is far from competitive and it’s possible to only pay a few cents per view. Infact you aren’t even charged for every view. Consider this, for videos 30 seconds or longer, you are charged when the viewer reaches the 30 second point of your video. For videos shorter than 30 seconds, you are charged when the viewer watches right to the end of the video. Thus if the viewer clicks through to your website before 30 seconds you do not pay for the view and you can rejoice in the fact they are on your website.
I recommend you create a 40 second video for advertising on YouTube. Next ensure you gain the viewer’s attention within the first 5 seconds and make your call to action at the 20 second point. In practice this means after 20 seconds you need to be actively telling them to click on your video to benefit from your offer. Finally make it clear why they must stop watching if the video isn’t of interest to them. This might seem an odd thing to do but in doing so you are preventing a situation where you pay for a view by someone who isn’t interested in your website and business offer.
In This Episode, You’ll Hear More About:
- How A 9 Year Old Makes Over $1 Million On His YouTube Channel Creating Toy Reviews
- Why The Mad Marketing Podcast is a Must Listen For All Content Marketers
- Why Doodle Will Definitely Save You Time When Planning Your Next Meeting
- How To Ride The Instagram Hashtag Wave And Gain More Business
- How The Latest Video Feature In Twitter Will Be A Game Changer
- How To Avoid Paying For Views Using YouTube Advertising
Links And Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Marcus Sheridan’s Mad Marketing Podcast
- 9-Year-Old Makes $1 Million A Year Opening Toys On YouTube
- Rode SmartLav+ (Plus) Lavalier Mic For Smartphones
- Doodle Simplifies Scheduling & Makes Organising A Meeting Easy
- Use The WordPress Plugin Pretty Link To Create Short Links
- Learn How To Send Money With Gmail Using Google Wallet
- Watch Gary Vaynerchuk’s Video About The New Twitter Video Feature
- Gary Vaynerchuk On The Advantages Of Riding The Hashtag Wave
- Conservatives Spend Over £100k A Month On Facebook Advertising
- How To Start Advertising On YouTube With Your Videos
Thanks For Listening
Furthermore, please leave me a review for The Triple Your Clients Podcast on iTunes! I appreciate every review because they play a major in improving the ranking of the show. Each review gets read out on the show, it’s my little way of saying thank you.