In episode 45 of the Triple Your Clients podcast I discuss some of the broad technological trends affecting the way in which every business markets themselves. This includes the way in which more and more people are solely accessing the internet on their mobile devices. It’s a real wake up call for any business relying on a non responsive mobile website for their online presence. It pays to fully understand the current mobile trends we are all witnessing.
Furthermore I review how you mustn’t become too dependant on any one platform for traffic. Whether you are on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Twitter, SnapChat, LinkedIn or Vine, the rules are always changing. A massive example are the changes Facebook implemented in January. It really is a pay to play environment now. I discuss how LinkedIn is continually changing and why you should consider adding more content than ever before, with a link back to your website. The goal should always be to drive traffic back to your web site where you can build your email list.
I also discuss the importance of getting more customer reviews. Whether your business is on Google My Business, LinkedIn, iTunes, Amazon or TripAdvisor, reviews significantly affect your rank. Finally I highlight the importance of “The Zero Moment Of Truth”. In a nutshell this relates to how your prospects are carrying out extensive research before reaching out to you. Google quote that 70% of the buying decision is made before they call or email your business. It’s time to improve your FAQ pages, with a page per question and answer.
In This Episode, You’ll Hear More About:
- The Angry Birds “Overnight” Success Story – After 51 Unsuccessful Games!
- The 300 Hours Of Video Uploaded To YouTube Every Minute
- The 1/2 Billion People Who Only Access Facebook On Their Devices
- TheSkimm.com – An Example Of How Email Marketing Is Changing Fast
- The Importance of Reviews on Google My Business, LinkedIn, iTunes, Amazon & TripAdvisor
- Why 70% Of The Buying Decision Is Made Before They Contact Your Business
- Why Many Businesses Are Losing Customers Due To A Poor FAQ Page
Links And Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Rovio’s ‘Overnight’ Success with Angry Birds Came After 51 Failed Attempts
- 300 Hours YouTube Videos Uploaded Each minute
- Facebook Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2014 Results
- TheSkimm Is The Daily Email Newsletter That Gives You Everything You Need To Start Your Day
- How To Publish Your Content On LinkedIn
- How To Win The Zero Moment Of Truth (ZMOT) With Chris Marr
- See Marcus Sheridan’s First Visit To The UK – Book Your Ticket For The Content Marketing Academy In Edinburgh On 4th September 2015
Thanks For Listening
Furthermore, please leave me a review for The Triple Your Clients Podcast on iTunes! I appreciate every review because they play a major in improving the ranking of the show. Each review gets read out on the show, it’s my little way of saying thank you.