Let’s discuss 7 ways to get more clients and prospects viewing your YouTube videos. Essentially this is my quick fire run overview of how you can optimise your videos for more views.
If you want to utilize the power of YouTube videos, you need to have a few simple skills. So many people upload random videos but don’t optimize them, and so the videos never reach their full potential. Here’s can you get more clients to view your YouTube videos?
Don’t create a video without knowing the keyphrase you are optimising the video for. The keyphrase is the two, three, four word phrase that your target client is looking for. One way to discover what people are searching for is to do a YouTube search and let it autofill. This will give you a great idea of what terms people are already looking for.
2. Within the first 7-8 seconds, tell the viewer what they are going to learn from your video.
Don’t play the introduction right at the beginning; wait a few seconds into the video to give your introductory remarks. This way you will increase the chances that you YouTube videos are watched until the end. You will receive a higher ranking if the majority of your viewers watch all the way through the entire video. Keep the video short: 60-90 seconds, and make sure you stay on target with your keyphrase.
3. Ensure the video filename contains thekeyphrase.
Sometimes when you create a video it auto-names it based on the date. Change the file name to reflect your key phrase. By making this simple change you will help optimise your video for more views.
4. Make sure keyphrase is in your title.
Also say the keyphrase near the beginning of the video.
5. Description – make sure that the description includes the keyphrase in first or second line (within first 200 words).
You’re given up to 5,000 words to describe your video – make sure you include your keyphrase twice.
6. Embedded files don’t register as views.
If you have a video embedded on your website, it doesn’t register with YouTube as a viewing. Consider using email to send viewers directly to the YouTube video if you need to quickly increase your views.
7. Include the complete web address (make sure to include http) in the description so as it turns into a hyperlink letting people go from the video to your website.
Often people don’t even include their website address in their video description – this is a big mistake! Clearly communicate the web address, so that people can easily navigate to your website after watching the video.